Healthy Ticker

Friday, May 3, 2013

Amazing Guacamole Recipe


This guacamole recipe is the best one I have made in years. I entered a recipe contest and made this with fresh chips. I had corn tortilla chips, fresh zucchini chips, and crispy plantain chips. This was a surprise because I had never made guacamole in this way before. This dip was best with the salty plantain chips and the bowl was emptied before the contest was over.

I will make this guacamole every time I have to bring something to a summer party. This was such a big hit, I think I am going to make some this weekend.

Ingredients
7 Hass avocados (medium) fresh, but not over ripe.
4 diced and seeded Roma tomatoes
1 cup finely diced red onion (Check for strength; be careful)
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime
1 tablespoon garlic salt
Dash pepper

Directions
Mash avocados in a bowl to desired texture and add red onion and seasonings to taste. Slice tomatoes and remove the seeds from the fruit. Cut into medium size squares. Fold in tomatoes. A little chunky is always good. This is better served after the flavors have a chance to absorb. A stone mortar, a hard and heavy bowl designed to hold substances, is the most effective way to mix your recipe.

Serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment